Sunday 14 October 2007

Home for X'mas

You read it right. We're going back to Singapore to spend Christmas with our family and friends. It was a lastminute decision and we'd just booked the tickets. Some of you had asked me if I was going back this year and I had said 'no' because my sister-in-law is planning a wedding next year so we thought we'll go back then. I'll post the reason for the change of mind in a few days. As compared to last year, I'm really excited and looking forward to going back. In fact, we all are. Adrian was talking about eating hawker food and Louisa had been saying she wants to cycle in the front garden of Porpor's house and hopes that Gonggong will bring her to the market. Like last year, I want to meet up with you lot of nice friends and family. Please spare some time for us, k? We won't be back as long as last year, only from 7th - 31st December. Adrian will only be joining us around the 19th as he wants to get some work done and both of us are trying to squeeze in a short trip to Hong Kong. We used to visit HK about twice a year and the last trip was 6 yrs back. So we're really hoping the trip will materialize.

I guess the reason why I'm so excited is because it is the first time in almost 5 years all the sisters (there are 4 of us in case you are wondering) in my family gather again. My youngest sister had been studying in US, I relocated to UK and my third sis came over to London to work for 2 years. Now that the little one (sounds like I'm talking about my own daughter) has started to serve her bond, Jean has gone back to Singapore and I will be returning in December, we can finally have a big reunion! Oh, I can't wait! It's still about 1.5mth away but I've already started packing. Silly you may think but summer's over and rather than box away all the summery frock, I might as well put them in the luggage for our trip!

3 comments:

Saggs said...

Oh, lucky you! Pack me in your luggage, pretty please?

Roslyn said...

I wish I can! Then we can all go to Botanical Gardens together....haha! You're going back in February right? You get to eat all the CNY goodies then!

Lil' Kaelyn's mummy said...

www.. can't wait to see you man! kekeke...