Tuesday 15 April 2008

A dream come true

This morning, Louisa made a tomato seed packet. She showed it to me and asked me to bring her to the garden centre to buy some tomato seeds. She explained to me that the night before, she had dreamt about growing tomato. Since the weather was so good, I took the girls to Long Acres. It is too late to grow the plant from seed so I suggested getting a small pot of tomato plant which she can grow from. There were so many varieties and we couldn't decide which to get. I read several labels before settling on one which is supposed to be easy to grow. When Lavigne saw that Louisa had selected a pot, she said she wanted one too. So I chose a cherry tomato variety for her. Since the grow bag can fit 3 plants, I chose one for myself too.

As it's now Spring, there were many pots of pretty flowers on sale. Seeing rows after rows of colourful blooms, Louisa decided she wanted a pot of flowers too. I love fuschias and since they are relatively easy to grow, I brought them to choose a pot for themselves. There was one which is named 'Pink Ballet Girl' and Louisa said we should get that since they are ballerinas. So we picked one of that and another pink and purple combo. The violets were on offer (Buy one get one free). I couldn't resist the pretty purple and yellow flowers and bought them for myself (48 plants for £4.99). The girls then ran and explored the rest of the centre. Louisa particularly loved the playhouse which comes with a princely price tag in excess of £500! She asked me, 'Mummy, can we please buy this when we have money next time?' The girls had played in one at their friend's place. One favourite section of theirs was the waterfall fountains. They dipped their fingers into nearly all of them. We had such a lovely afternoon at the centre. I always do when I visit Long Acres.
Long Acres 1


long acres 2


long acres 3


long acres 4


long acres 5


long acres 6

*I did not in any way get my girls to pose the way they did.

2 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Was this taken in London?

Roslyn said...

Hi Tsu Lin!

No, these were taken at a garden centre (Long Acres) near my place.