Friday 15 January 2010

Evonne and YC's Wedding Part 1

Wedding flowers-1
I had no prior experience with bridal flowers and so when I agreed to do it for my sister-in-law who got married last summer, I was both excited and full of doubts. Flower arrangement has been one of my interests. But be put in-charge of the flowers for a major event seemed a very daunting task to me.

Wedding flowers-2
I didn't want the arrangements to look amateurish and I certainly didn't wish to wreck the wedding by botching up the arrangements and the bride ended up not having a bouquet or the bridal car without the flowers. It would be a disaster! Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Wedding flowers-3
From doing research here in UK to sourcing the flowers and then the execution in Singapore, I have no qualms about doing it again. OK, so the whole family was roped in to help in one way or another and I had only 45 minutes of sleep before the wedding itself and had struggled to stay awake the whole day. But I was pleased with the end result. Practice makes perfect. I was learning on the job, that was why it took me so long to finish. The most time-consuming was arranging the bridesmaids' bouquets - 7 in all.

Wedding flowers-6
Before this, I didn't know fresh cut flowers can be so affordable. The flowers were purchased from a wholesaler near my parents' place so it was all very convenient - one trip to see what's in season and check out the prices then collection after I'd placed an order over the phone.

Wedding flowers-4
To sum up, it had been a fun and fulfilling project. I also realised my 2 younger sisters have a hidden talent too! My 3rd sis joked that we could open a flower shop. Ah....if only I live in Singapore.

Wedding flowers-5






6 comments:

kikumjy said...

OMG! You posted such unglam photos of me! I can remember vividly how tired we were that day lor. eyebags! dark eye circles! *shudders*

teng said...

Don't worry! We will make sure you won't look like a panda at your wedding!!! No dark eye circles!

Roslyn said...

Ok what! You were hard at work so no one will expect you to be wearing dresses or anything pretty. All thanks to you and Jun lah, ops also Cat for looking after the girls. If not I wouldn't be able to deliver the goods.

Alan/Val said...

Ros, the flower arrangements are gorgeous! You did a really good job, cannot believe it's your first time. I especially like the flower balls.

Roslyn said...

Val, Thanks! My youngest sis did the flower balls and my third sis did the male corsages. I only gave them the instructions.

kikumjy said...

sigh... panda eyes... I need to get rid of them by April for my photoshoot!

Well, at least you don't have to stay up this year! All you have to think about is the foyer for solemnization, and I have my jie-meis, many of them are very artistic so you'll have many helpers!