Saturday 20 March 2010

Day at London

We spent a day with The Ongs in London and had a great time (as always!). I was able to enjoy the trip as our boiler which had broken down 2 days before was repaired in the morning. Phew! Lunch was at a Viet place. Good, value-for-money food.

vietnamese lunch


spiderman at work

The dads stayed home with the kids while V and I went to the high street near her place to jalan jalan. We browsed at vintage shops, a second-hand book shops, gift shops and a really nice children shop which sells very pretty stuff but at not-so-pretty prices.

vintage furniture shop london


flower shop london


free top


sat london with ong fam

It was a really nice afternoon even though the weather wasn't. The kids played very well together too!

sabre fight

8 comments:

Bing said...

Now you've made me yearn for a pen and tablet. Great artwork you've done!

teng said...

so nice....

Roslyn said...

Bing: I'd yearned for one for AGESSSssss. Used to have one really cheap one a few years back but it caused my computer to crash. Am really glad I bought this one. It makes photo editing so much easier and fun! You should get one too. :)

Teng: :)

Tsu Lin + + said...

Wow!!! a FREE TOP!!! You're so lucky! I've NEVER gotten anything for free from a shop. Is it one of those independent shops?

Tsu Lin + + said...

PS : I can't even get a discount at Zara when I nicely asked the sales assistant saying the item is faulty - she simply said "it's not our policy to do discounts & we wouldn't sell a faulty item". (Short of saying, don't buy it if you think it's faulty)

Alan/Val said...

We had a good day too! It's more fun to jalan jalan with a like-minded friend :) Wow, it's amazing what you can do with the pictures, really makes them look nicer!

Roslyn said...

Tsu Lin: Yes, it's an independent shops. I'd asked for extra discounts before at shops eg H&M because of a slight stain (which can be washed) or a few stitches which had come loose. They would oblige but only condition - non-returnable. Of course I'll pick an item which is perfect but because those were the last piece and I liked them so much I had to get them. But only because I knew I could fix the fault.

Roslyn said...

Val: Thanks! I really like that second hand bookshop. I can spend ages in there.