Tuesday 3 May 2011

TBFT

...aka The Big Family Trip.

Thanks to the Royal Wedding and the 2 long weekends, we managed to go away for a good 2 1/2 weeks to Taiwan and Hong Kong.  The girls and I spent a week with my family in Taiwan before the Hong Kong's leg with the Leungs.  It was so wonderful to catch up with family and friends, some we have not seen in years.

I also fulfilled my dream of going to Taiwan's 蓮.  The place is just so scenic and beautiful.  But tragically, both my legs (strangely not anywhere else) were savaged by mosquitos the size of houseflies.  Now I have to hide them under leggings and long pants for they look hideous with many red welts everywhere.

As my father-in-law's birthday falls on the same day as mine, we had a joint celebration with the whole extended clan in Hong Kong.  That was a really joyous day.  

I have yet to download all the photos (more than 2000!).  Yes, I haven't even finished my Edinburgh trip and now there's this one to do.  

Many thanks for a wonderful trip, all of you who were involved.  Thank you, all you cousins who accompanied us around and kept the girls entertained.  Thanks, Jason and Jackie, for helping me with the 'task'.  I can now begin the pursuit of my interest.  For all those whom I did not mention, you are not forgotten.  Thank you for making both legs of my trip a very memorable one.  

  
 

0 comments: