Monday 3 October 2011

The Notebook

Last night I watched the DVD 'The Notebook' with hub. It's a romantic movie and not something most men would want to watch. But I made him.

I must admit I've never heard of this movie before and it was part of a box set of three movies. I'd bought it because of the other two - 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and 'My Sister's Keeper'.

So why I'm blogging about this? The pace of the movie was a little slow. Hub kept falling asleep and I had to wake him up, saying 'You're not allowed to fall asleep!' Haha! But I was very moved by the characters. No, that's not the point of this entry. Halfway through watching, I exclaimed to hub 'I've seen this scene somewhere!'. It took me about 5 seconds to recall where I've seen it. Here. I wonder why I hadn't realised when I bought the DVDs or when I popped the disc into the player.

After the movie had ended, I put the disc back into the box and read the back of it. Then something caught my eye. 'Based on the best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks'. Hang on a minute, I think I've got that book! Yes, I'm sure I have it! So I went upstairs to my study and indeed I was right! My sister gave that book to me the last time she visited. You must have guessed by now I haven't read it. In actual fact, I'd read a couple of pages but I wasn't drawn to the story then. So it's been sitting on my bookshelf since then. I happily showed it to hub and he asked 'So are you going to read it now?' I said 'yes' and surprisingly he said he'll read it too so 'I can discuss the story with you'.

The notebook


It was indeed a beautiful love story. Noah couldn't be more sweet and romantic than he was.

The notebook


Something which I find very poignant....

The notebook


.....'Can you ever escape your past?'.

3 comments:

chip-pea said...

one of my fav!I watched it like 5 times, yet still made me sob :)

Roslyn said...

I kept going 'Awww....aww....' throughout the film. Hub must be thinking I'm nuts.

Anonymous said...

How sweet. I love the book, The Time Traveller's Wife, a real tear-jerker. You are not alone, I'm probably worse, I sob uncontrollably throughout these romantic movies, A just rolls his eyes at me.

Val