Thursday 8 February 2007

First snowman


We woke up this morning and it was winter wonderland outside. Not only was everything covered in thick snow, it was still snowing unlike before. As Adrian had to go to the train station again, I had no choice but to drive. It was my first experience driving in such conditions and I had to be very cautious, in case the car skids or someone else does so. The roads were covered in blackened slush. I took Lavigne to the garden to build a snowman. It was my first attempt and hers too. She didn't want to join in the fun and kept wanting to go back into the house but I kept her distracted. Soon, she started gathering snow from the ground and helped me with the building. We took about one hour to complete. If it wasn't lunchtime, we'd continue and beautify our creation. I made the wrong decision to pick Louisa from school by foot. It was hard to maneuver the stroller on the snow which had started to melt and become ice. The girls made another snowman when they came home.






Remember I used to say the earthworms here are very long? Here it is.
(It's actually longer than this as part of it was in the soil)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ros,
ur girls r so adorable in their winter wear. making snowmen sounds so fun.

Anonymous said...

L & L sooo cute! And that earthworm's really long, yikes!
-mel

Anonymous said...

Ros, its look so fun.....but I believe it must be brrrrrrrrr cold! And I must say the pic looks really nice....white backdrop, white snow and their colourful winterwear.....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!!!