Wednesday 7 February 2007

Heavy snow and a credit card

It's been really cold this past week. I used to wear short-sleeve Ts and shorts during the cold months and Adrian would say I'm 'not human'. Well, not anymore. I don't seem to have that super ability to withstand cold now. Perhaps I'm getting old, maybe it's really cold or probably both. This morning before sending Adrian to the train station, I poured lukewarm water on the windscreen and windows as the car was covered with frost. It was so cold that as soon as I poured the water, it would start to freeze again. I think I'd use the ice-scrapper the next time. Though time consuming, it works better. The weather forecast for tomorrow is 'heavy snow'. So far, I've only experienced very light snow. If it really snows heavily tomorrow, I'll bring the girls out to the garden to build a snowman. Adrian's been complaining about the cold so this evening, I moved our mattress to the girls' room (they share a much bigger room than ours) and the whole family can bunk in together. It's more cost efficient to heat one room than two.

I realised I'd lost my credit card today. I know that's very careless of me. The last time I used the card was on Sunday. We went to Tesco to do our grocery shopping. Then to it's cafe for lunch. That was the last time I used it. I remembered struggling with 2 trays of food, one keypouch and my credit card. But I'm quite sure I put the card back into the keypouch. It might have dropped out since then. I didn't know I'd lost it until today when I was checking my purse before going out. Both Adrian and my card have now been blocked. Luckily, no transactions had been made since Sunday and thank God we now use pin numbers for credit cards instead of signatures.

0 comments: