Friday 4 April 2008

Very busy day

This whole day seemed like just 4 hours to me. It was packed with activites to the brim! After sending Lavigne to school, I went for my yoga. Today, we had it at one of the mum's house as the school where we have our usual classes had its INSET day. The person-in-charge forgot to inform the yoga teacher so she said she'd give us a free lesson today at the mum's place. How nice! Including the teacher, there were only 4 of us today (the rest have children to look after who would otherwise be left at the free creche) which was good because though the conservatory was rather big, it could only fit the 4 of us. I must say I enjoyed doing yoga tremendously today. The weather was really nice (glorious sunshine) and we could see the trees and foliage outside. Really relaxing and calming.

After yoga, I nipped into Sains to get some staples. While browsing at the magazine section, I bumped into one mum of Lavigne's friend from school. We had exchanged pleasantries before but had not really spoken to each other. Since we had time and not rushing about doing the usual school runs, we had a good chat. I had a feeling she is from Singapore (remember about the TMC bag?) and indeed, she is. Her elder daughter used to be in the same school but is now at a school in Guildford. They live in Woking (which is a good 35-40mins' drive away) and because they really like the teacher who was teaching in their local school who left to come to the school Lavigne's attending now, she decided to enrol her girls here. She suggested having a cup of coffee together (she had been hanging around locally as it's half day today at school) but I had to turn her down as I need to get the shopping done and go home to prepare lunch before picking Lavigne up from school.

So out of the store and back to home. Lunch prepared and off to Lavigne's school. It's the last day of Spring term and they had a party. Everyone had their faces painted, including Lavigne! She used to object to people painting her face but today, she let her teacher paint a pink butterfly and refused to have it removed even before bedtime.

Seeing how lovely the weather was and knowing it's going to revert back to wintry conditions from tomorrow onwards, I decided to bring the girls for a picnic. So after lunch, I packed some snacks and fruits and it was time to pick Louisa who had half-day too. Everyone was in a chirpy mood - good weather and last day of school I guess. Upon reaching Virginia Water, Adrian rang me and said he changed his mind about not joining us. Since it is just a 5 min drive, I turned around and headed to the university. He had bought some ice-cream. Needless to say, the girls were delighted!

picnic virginia water


Virginia Water is part of the Windsor Great Park which we visit quite often especially during the warmer months. I love the Valley Gardens, particularly during Spring. The collection of brightly coloured flowers are in blossom and the view from the bottom of the valley is spectacular. I have to make a date with Syl and Val's families to come over to have a picnic there. I always dream of packing chicken curry and fried bee hoon there for a picnic. Okok, I'd digressed to0 much. I'd wanted to say because the girls had to go for ballet afterwards and the park being so big, we couldn't walk too far in. So we just chose a spot near the entrance by the lake. Oh and we attracted the attention of several dogs (it's a great place to walk dogs) due to the food laid out. I had to throw away a row of choc chip cookies (:(our fav, from M&S) because a dog had ate some and licked the packaging. The girls had great fun chasing after each other, collecting pine cones and taking turns on the scooter (Louisa didn't want to bring hers along and I left it in the car and then what happened?). Other than taking pictures of them, I laid down on the mat to look at the sky, trying to take in the nature. I felt so peaceful then. Soon, it was time to leave. I wish we could stay longer.

virginia water

sky

duck

dogwalker

dogs

swan 1

swan 2

louisa

lavigne


So we dropped Adrian off and then the girls went for their ballet. As it was the last day of term, parents could stay and watch. Lavigne was too shy to participate last year but she was fine today. I was very proud of her. She kept looking at me and gave me cheeky grins. I wondered what happened to the girls in Louisa's ballet class (the weather must have kept them away). Only one other person turned up. So it was like a private class for them. By the time it ended, it was time to head home to cook dinner. Though it had been a very tiring day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I'm sure the girls did too!

lavigne ballet 1

lavigne ballet 2

lavigne ballet 3

lavigne ballet 4

Louisa ballet 1

louisa ballet 2

louisa ballet 3

5 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

What a picturesque place to be - the park is lovely. Really was a good time for picnics. (Awww. I wish I can do that too)

And your scrap with the ballerina - too cute - Lavigne looks very cute in her tootsie (is that what they call it?)!!! :D

Saggs said...

Would love a picnic, Ros! Great idea? When when when!?

Alan/Val said...

I really enjoyed Friday's weather too. The park was the best place to be...we had the same idea! Yes, let's have a picnic soon!

Anonymous said...

Sigh... thanks to the expensive pound! Wish I could be there! Lavigne looked so cute!!!

M said...

Wow, lovely setting for a picnic, how nice!
And I love the ballet pics!