Thursday 12 February 2009

Let this be the last

Friends and colleagues have been telling me 'things will only get better'. I wish! This morning while at work, I hurt my back. I was sitting on the floor buiding a tall tower with the children when I got up and felt a spasm in my lower back. Tried to take it easy but during tidying up time, it got worse and I had to stop and sit on a chair. The pain was pretty bad. My only worry then was how was I supposed to go pick the girls from school? Rang A and he couldn't get time off work. My boss kindly offered to pick Lavigne up and sent us both home. The girls and I were supposed to go to Louisa's friend's house today for a playdate so in the end I asked her mum to pick Louisa from school and she helpfully sent her home in the evening after play. A will send Louisa to her house tomorrow morning and she will help us bring her to school. She's even offered to pick Lavigne up before going to fetch the girls so they can all go to her house to play. I was really touched. I just got to know her about 2 weeks ago as they'd just moved to the area.

I had to leave my car at my school this morning since there was no way I could drive. It started snowing again earlier and I got A to walk there to drive it home before the weather gets worse. I'm so disappointed I have to cancel the gathering at my place with V and J's families this Saturday. We were going to have a joint Valentine's day 'celebration'. Been looking forward to it. What a bummer!

It's not all doom and gloom though. I just discovered Lavigne is one of the winners for the photography competition organised by her school during the week of snowfall. Remember this? I thought I would just print them and send them in just for the fun of it. Lavigne received a sticker from her head teacher for taking part and she kept saying she'd won. Now it's for real she'd won and she'll be very happy when I tell her tomorrow morning. As I was writing this, I received one big piece of good news that calls for a celebration. A passed his exams!! After slogging for a few months, he can now enjoy his fruit of labour. I can also heave a sigh of relief. V and J, Valentine's Day will be over next week but we have another reason to parteeee!.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, L and A!! We will have a proper celebration next Sat then. J suggested lunch instead, is that ok with you?

Will be praying for your bad back. xx V

Roslyn said...

Thanks! I shall be back to my old self by hook or by crook by Monday. *wink*

Anonymous said...

hi
u feeling betta?

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Maybe you need a massage cushion. Saw one from Homedics e.g. SBM 500H but pity they wouldn't work in Italy. The ones they are selling here are way more expensive than the ones in the UK.
Take care.