Tuesday 24 February 2009

Sambal Tuna

One of my favourite sandwich filling is tuna. This morning, I made tuna sandwiches for A and the girls' packed lunch and there was some left. Being a lover of anything spicy, I mixed it with some of the sambal belacan I made last week and top it on toasted bagel for my lunch. Yum! It tasted like the Ayam brand chilli tuna. The sambal was adapted from Lilian's recipe. The way I cook is by estimation. So I hardly post recipes unless it's someone else's. I won't be able to give you the measurements of ingredients of things I cook.

Today is Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day. Will be making some American pancakes later. Don't like the thin British version. I should kick myself for not saving the link to a fantastic idiot-proof-MacDonald-style pancake recipe I found the last time I wanted to make pancake. Hope I get some decent ones later.


sambal belacan


sambal tuna

2 comments:

Tsu Lin + + said...

Salivates - I love sambal/sambal belacan. Where do you get your sambal paste?? Please don't tell me it's from S'pore! (Bcos then I won't be able to get it here...)

I love making Sambal Sotong (squid) using Tean's paste and adding a few other ingredients to it making it "just right", just like how they do it in M'sia.

Roslyn said...

I made the sambal paste myself. Me too! Love it! Can just eat it with rice.