Wednesday 4 March 2009

House hunting again

So the whole process starts again. Our landlord wants to sell the house so we've been asked to move. Actually our tenancy agreement runs out end July but he had explicitly told us it'll be beneficially to both parties if we move once we find somewhere suitable. So it's as good as he wants us out asap. Oh I love this house so much I feel kind of sad we'll be moving out soon. Its location is just so central! Too bad our landlord is going to sell it at a high price which we simply can't afford.

Even though viewing properties is much easier now that we live in this town, I have to fit them during the hours I don't work and preferably when the girls are at school. Louisa's fine. I'd taken Lavigne with me to view a couple of houses but she'd been a nightmare - running about and opening every cupboards and doors. I can't check out the houses properly as a result. I shall squeeze all the viewings on Mondays and Fridays when I don't work.

The plan is for me to view as many as possible during the weekdays and shortlist those that I like for second viewings with Adrian during the weekends. I started the first viewing yesterday and had seen 6 houses so far. There is none that I really like. Nothing which makes me go 'wow! I must have this house'. However, there's one brand new townhouse which has a great living space (was booked in to see a smaller plot but requested to see this bigger one next door) but it's way over our budget. Let's hope a suitable house will come on the market soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prices should be coming down right? I will miss your current place... so convenient... glad i managed to see it before u guys move out... hope your back's better. Pls take care of yourself... i've been sick as well, no joke really...
oh another k-drama to recommend. Check out this link http://www.mysoju.com/boys-before-flowers/. Funny show lah...a bit like Princess Flowers. Remember Meteor Garden of Taiwan (F4)? This is the Korean version. The actors here act better and are cuter! Heh!