Wednesday 3 November 2010

Embrace and Enjoy life


It's the third day since I first felt unwell.  This morning, I was sent back home by my boss because I had told her I wasn't feeling all that well.  I should have kept quiet.  But apparently all my colleagues had said I didn't look myself.

I thought the fever's gone.  But it spiked again this morning and the headache came back.  Since I was going to be working half day, I thought I'll be able to tahan till then.  It was not to be.  My boss said I should nurse my health back and told me to go back to bed with a hot water bottle.

Ever since becoming a mother, taking a nap seems almost wrong.  The girls are at school.  I'm poorly so it doesn't really matter if I slip back into my PJ and get under the duvet.  But I felt I should be doing something.  Anything.  Even sitting in front of the computer like now, blogging, photo retouching or just surfing.  At least I'm doing something rather than be in bed.  But I gave up the emotional struggle and tried to get some rest.  I only managed an hour of sleep and ended up cooking in the kitchen all afternoon.

Earlier, I had lamented at FB if I should feel happy or sad that I was sent home.  Some of you may think it's nice not to work.  What's the fuss?  Trouble is if I don't work, I don't get paid.  So there's no income for me today.  I'm still having a temperature.  Called my boss to ask how well must I get before I can return to work.  She said the very fact that I'm having a fever is my body is fighting against something.  So she advised that I stay home tomorrow.  Sigh!  I'm not sure what I've got.  Just a temperature, tickly throat and I feel out of sort.

I wish I can just let things be and get myself well.  Life is too short.  But then again, I have to worry about lost income.          

0 comments: