Tuesday 6 September 2011

The new term begins

It's been a whirlwind few weeks in our household. I don't even know where to begin. We had a 6-week summer holiday and the new school term starts today for the girls. It's hard to believe Louisa is already in YR5 and Lavigne's in YR2.

For the first time in 3 years, we have no family wedding to attend in Singapore. Hence we spent the summer here in UK. I said summer but the weather wasn't quite like it. We had a few warm days but that was about it. My colleagues were just saying today that they felt cheated. I have decided that it's probably better to spend our summer break in Singapore as we are guaranteed more sunshine.

Having said that, we were so blessed to have good weather when we went away last week. OK, it wasn't hot hot but there were plenty of sunshine and it was nice and cool. More importantly, it stayed dry most of the time.

I'm feeling a little swarmed at the moment for my boss had given me a few tasks which she expects me to complete in a day or two and that's on top of several projects I'm juggling. Dear Boss (bless her, she truly is) sent me an email promptly on Saturday, knowing that's the day I'll be back. But I got home only in the evening and after the long drive and what with unpacking to do, I didn't check my email until Sunday. So even with some pressing jobs on hand, I unwilling put them aside in order to fulfil my job responsibility. Hang on a minute, it's not even within my job scope. One's completed and she was really pleased with the product (Hallelujah!). One more to go.

I'm T.I.R.E.D.
I need to get back into momentum again.
I wish there are more hours in a day.

I shall end this scatty post with a picture of Louisa who'd just turned 9 recently. Oh my! NINE!
Louisa's 9

0 comments: